Lead and delivered by Hannah our holistic approach not only addresses the saddle, but also the rider’s comfort, postural issues in both horse and rider, and exercises for improving muscle tone and use. Our approach has enabled us to build a very busy practice, which now extends to educating owners and equine therapists through talks and courses.
The one day saddle fitting CPD course for equine therapists includes the following:
- The parts of the saddle
- Assessing saddle for asymmetry issues and broken trees
- Thoracic sling and the muscles affected by poorly fitting saddles
- Differentiating saddle issues from other issues
- Panel and flocking faults
- Girthing issues
- Tree types
- Assessing horses (static and ridden) and their saddles
Students are able to get their hands on throughout, and there is time to ask questions on issues they have come across.
We aim to give each practitioner the knowledge to know when the saddle is impeding the work they are trying to achieve and when to refer a customer to their own saddler or a trusted fitter.